SOCIAL INNOVATION CONTEST – TRONDHEIM
Phase 1: Thursday 24 August 2017 – Location: NTNU
Phase 2: Friday 8 & Saturday 9 September 2017 – Location: DIGS
Join us to work together and identify, propose, and develop innovative solutions to tackle societal challenges through the power of ICT and professional network.
Take the chance to work towards solving challenges proposed by the Autismeforeningen i Norge, Sør-Trøndelag fylkeslag – Norway (http://autismeforeningen.no).
Examples of challenges:
- Develop concepts, business ideas and opportunities to improve the lives of persons affected by autism syndrome
- Create solutions that help people affected by autism to fight depression or better handle stress
- Promote critical information to stakeholders in the job market – job seekers, employers and employees via organizational, technical and financial infrastructures to support new work opportunities
- Phase 1: Meet, propose ideas and enhance each others’ ideas. After voting, the most promising ones will be selected to become projects. Thursday 24 August 2017 – Location: NTNU
- Phase 2: Build a prototype of your idea and present it to experts. Compete for the best project and win. Friday 8 & Saturday 9 September 2017 – Location: DIGS
The goal is to develop innovative concepts, products or services. The participants will have the opportunity to take their projects further, create start-ups and receive funding from various instances, like the Norwegian Research Council, Innovasjon Norge, the European Commission.
A panel of experts will judge the developed products/services and prizes will be given:
- 1st prize: 10.000 Kr. to be used to start up your idea + Support by experts
- 2nd prize: One month full flex membership for one of the winning groups @ DIGS
During the whole event we will use SOCRATIC, a SOcial CReATive IntelligenCe Platform that fosters social innovation. SOCRATIC is an EU funded H2020 project (www.socratic.eu). You will be given a set of tools and services developed within SOCRATIC to support your project. Mentors will follow-up, evaluate and give feedback about the whole process.
We look for you who are interested in helping to tackle challenges for social good, and everyone who is interested in taking part in a social innovation process which involves a collaboration with citizens, public institutions, NGOs.
A similar event was piloted at an Experts in Team village in January 2017. More info here: https://socratic-eit.org
The event has a maximum capacity of 25 participants. To create multidisciplinary groups, selection will be made according with participants’ motivation and background.
Detailed event schedule
Phase 1: Thursday 24 August 2017, 17:00-20:00. Location: NTNU, Gloshaugen
Drinks & Snacks for all
Short lectures about Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to the event & to the SOCRATIC platform
- Presentation of Challenges set by the Autism Association
- Create teams of 5
- Describe the plan until phase 2
- Presentations of mentors and experts
Phase 2: Friday 8 September 2017 from 17:00 to Saturday 9 September 2017 22:00. Location: DIGS
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for all
- Present the selected ideas (1 per team)
- Main activities during the 2 days:
- Develop prototypes of the ideas
- Make a business plan
- Describe how the product/service can be sustainable in the future
- Pitch the developed product/service
- Announce the winners
Beer & Pizza for all.